Monday, December 19, 2016

Top Ten Things I Didn't Know About Pregnancy

1. There is a thing called all day sickness - I didn't vomit at all, but I experienced nausea all day, every day for 10 weeks straight.
2. You have no choice but to become comfortable with flatulence. For me, the increase in it was startling and a bit embarrassing at first, because it'll just slip out without warning, then, I got over it.
3. You'll probably never want to have sex more or be so tired at the same time as you will be during the latter part of your second trimester and your third trimester for that matter.
4. Conversely because of #1, you may have little to no sex drive at all during the first trimester or if you experience it throughout pregnancy.
5. The bones in your hips and pelvis begin to soften and widen in preparation for baby and at least for me, I can feel it. The result, your hips may hurt, especially when maneuvering out of bed.
6. Your baby can hear you, maybe as early as 16 weeks in!
7. Your breasts being really tender or sore (similar to PMS symptoms) can be an early sign of pregnancy and can last throughout.
8. Many women experience spotting during their first trimester. Tell your doctor, but take comfort in knowing the majority of women who experience it, go on to deliver healthy babies.
9. Naps will become a fact of life in the third trimester, embrace whatever sleep you can!
10. You may never urinate as much in LIFE as you do during these 40 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment