This morning, this post from four years ago popped up on my Facebook feed:
https://reconstructingtiffany.blogspot.com/2012/12/reflecting-back-and-moving-forward.html?m=1
This morning, I have even MORE reason to say, "Thank you Lord!" I woke up this morning in my own home, next to my husband, with my son alive and continuing to grow in my womb. Let's look at how many blessings are in that one, albeit long, statement: 1) I woke up 2)In my own home, which means I have shelter 3)Next to my husband- I have companionship, and he was able to be here with me 4)I've got new life forming in my womb.
I think it's important to put what may seem the most basic things in perspective. It's a blessing to even awake, much less have needs and wants met.
So today, I'm thankful for all that I have. My grandma and great grandma are still with me (I got to see them on Thursday and Friday), my family is intact, and even with the challenges of this past year, I acknowledge and appreciate God's faithfulness in my life.
Now, as I move forward and look toward giving birth to my first child in the next few weeks, I am excited and incredibly humbled that I've been entrusted with this little life. I feel the weight of the responsibility. My son is the answer to a prayer and a longing in my heart.
I welcome 2017 with arms open to all the new experiences to follow. I thank God for bringing me to this place in my life, a place I wasn't sure I'd ever get to experience. And yet, there is even more to come. May God bless all who read this and even though you may not be where you want, look for the blessing in where you are right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment