Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Who am I now?

This is the question I've been asking myself for a while. In the last 4 years I became a wife, then a homeowner, then a mother just 4 months ago. So much has changed and I don't recognize the woman before me at times. I've changed so much. My life has changed so much, but at the same time, I'm unsure what life was like before my son's arrival. I also can't imagine life without him. I love more, worry more, plan more, and want more out of my life since he got here. I never thought I could love a person so much!

But as for me? I am unsure of what Tiffany looks like in this new reality. I know I'm skinny and my stomach looks like a deflated balloon😂, but in all seriousness, this new reality seems to mandate a new approach.

I've recently gone back to work and hats off to the work wives and mothers out there. It's hard. My day starts at 5 and doesnt end until close to midnight. I only get to spend time with my son and husband for about 5 or 6 of my waking hours Monday-Friday and sometimes less than that depending on what's going on. And I can't help but think - there must be more to life than work, rinse, and repeat. The saving grace is that I do work from home half the time, or else, it would possibly by less.

So what's the new approach? In the midst of what could be chaos, find peace in the Lord and not be wasteful with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment