Thursday, December 3, 2015

Prioritizing Time with God

On Sunday at church, I heard a word that hit hard - our time is about to interrupted. We can either voluntarily interrupt it and make time spent in prayer, fasting, and overall time spent with God a priority or we can wait for God to do it violently. I had been saying for weeks, yes, I'm really going to make time with God a priority again. I had gotten so busy - with work, the associated commute, keeping house and being a wife, doing photography, writing, dance, etc. I even set a time aside on my calendar for reading/studying/prayer. But I can't tell you how many times I missed my appointed time. To be fair, at least twice in the week, I was actually in church during the time, but that's corporate time and realistically, God wants to speak with each of us individually.

Well, I was definitely convicted. What I, what we must realize is that God won't let those other things go undone. He IS the balance. He gives us the energy to push through everything else we have on oir plates. So, my first step was taking Facebook off my phone altogether. That was a huge distraction and I was starting my day with Facebook and not with my mind and heart on Christ.

My schedule has changed so that I work from home more, so, that "extra" time isn't mine to sleep in. It's His time.

I felt like I didn't have time, but truth is, we all do. We just may not like where we find it! ☺

So, that's me being transparent and I hope it is also encouragement to anyone reading. God loves us and He desires quality time with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment