Sunday, June 15, 2014

To My Heavenly Father - Let's Celebrate You EVERY Day!

Dear God,

Today is recognized in this country as "Father's Day" and I wanted to recognize You, my Father above all fathers! I cannot thank you enough. As I've been going about my day, I keep thinking of different things you've done for me and I wanted to put it in words...as best I can, though I already know there are not enough words.

Thank you. Thank you loving me when I did not love myself, when I rejected myself, when I closed myself off, when I looked at what you made and thought it ugly. Thank you for loving me when I did things that probably made You cry, things that frustrated You, things that made You angry, things that made You smile, things that made You laugh, things that brought You joy. Because unlike my natural parents, you saw it ALL. There are things most people will not know, things I thought that I may never discuss with anyone but You, and through all of that - You had mercy upon me. You saved me. You held a mirror to me and continue to do so. You showed grace. You've allowed me to experience Your glory. You blessed me even when I wasn't serving You. You heard my prayers in college when I had major papers due within the next day, You gave me strength to push through situations that I know I could not have made it through without You, You even allowed me to make mistakes that would eventually lead me back into Your arms. You wake me each day and give me another chance to do better. You believe in me when I am unsure of myself. You keep my mind. You keep my heart. Thank you Abba Father! I love, appreciate, and try to reverence You each and EVERY day. Forgive if I've fallen short in any of those charges. Thank you for waking me up and giving me the opportunity to try again.

Sincerely yours,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment