Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Freedom in Forgiveness

In the last week or so, I've really been focused on forgiveness.  Writing down scriptures about it, reviewing the scriptures, listening to songs about it, talking/praying to God about it.  I received several words in the last week about forgiveness and how important it will be for me to move forward.  I also know how freed I felt from forgiving my mother.

I keep asking the Lord, "Teach me how to forgive" and every time, I keep seeing an image in my mind of the Lord on the cross.  If that's not forgiveness, I don't know what is.  I guess that means I truly have to become like a lamb.  That doesn't mean to purposely put myself in harm's way and take it, but I think it means that I have to a)trust God in the situation b) avoid reacting in the way the old Tiffany would - defensively.  I have to trust God enough to keep me.  Simple as that.  I think so many times in life I couldn't really trust the people to protect me that should have protected me.  And now, spiritually, I have to learn to not hold those same fears.  What does scripture say? "God is not a man that He should lie".

So, I'm going to let God work on me.  If I can endure the reconstruction, I think the end result is going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment