But I digress. It was also time to finally address my father's calls b/c he had gotten caught up in the whirlwind of foolishness too. I realized I wasn't mad at him anymore either, it was just a feeling of, "ok, now I know what the deal is". I told him I wasn't going to an event that I had originally agreed to go to - I just feel like it's best for now. He wanted to debate why and also what was going on with my mother and I shut it down. Respectfully, but still. I didn't leave the conversation feeling frustrated or bad about myself or guilty. I actually feel strong and empowered. I feel like I still have some walls to break through, but I think I'm finally starting to find my voice. Some have said I haven't quite been myself. I think the thing is, I'm finally coming into myself and it's someone they haven't met before. So let me re-introduce myself...
Saved 11/08, lover of Jesus, embracer of quirks, apt to laugh, and thinker of deep thoughts. This is my reconstruction - God holds all the pieces to my puzzle.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Finding My Voice
Today I decided it was finally time to face some stuff I had been avoiding. One of those things was talking to my father. A lot of unpleasant stuff had happened recently that I had been praying about and trying to sort through. A few nights ago, I was dancing and I ministered the song as if I was ministering to my mother, the song was "Forever Always" by Martha Munizzi. I started to cry as I danced. One of the lyrics to the song is "There's nothing you could ever do, to keep me from loving you" and that anger and bitterness just broke. I figured if that is how God feels about us, how could I possibly hold on to all those gunky feelings? I mean, He did forgive all the crazy/dumb/dangerous/careless/[insert word here] things I've done. It was amazing. I could breathe deeply again. I hadn't even realized that I had been experiencing an actual tightness in my chest for the last two weeks or so, that felt like a weight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment