I was talking with a girlfriend of mine and later referred a portion of the conversation to my husband. He said I should blog about it. What was the topic of the conversation? Rejecting a man because he doesn't "make enough money."
Some may not like or agree with what I'm about to say. But it's from my experience and I hope you'll at least hear me out. Let me be very clear - I'm not saying you marry potential because it should be very clear what both parties bring to the table. And potential may never be realized. What I am saying is, could this man support himself before he met you? Is he doing something with himself? Working, in school, both? Maybe you make $90,000 and he makes $30,000 - but is he wise with that $30,000? That man could manage that $30,000 and make it seem like $90,000 with some left over!
Some women will say, "He doesn't make enough money for me," but may not make enough money for themselves. They may not manage their $90,000 well or be in massive debt or they may have everything in line and still feel like something is missing. They want a partner, but may have limited (in some cases, already limited choices) by income. They'll date the man with money, but he may not treat them well, be a cheater, stingy with the money he does have, or just not the right fit.
And for clarity, I'm also not saying it's wrong to want a person who you can build a certain lifestyle with, but if you are single, maybe consider the man who may not make as much as you, but will treat you like a queen. And yes, he should still court you!! That means, spend his money to take you to dinner, movies, whatever. And if you want to pay sometimes, cool, but he should still pursue you. Because no matter what you both make on paper, women deserve to be courted and pursued. In fact, at least for me, I needed it. I needed to feel valued enough by the man I ended up marrying to be properly courted and pursued.
No comments:
Post a Comment