Mark 9:42-43 KJVA
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
I was thinking about a conversation I had with my brother in law about some relationships that had to be severed or were severed as a result of me following Christ and this scripture came to mind. And it is as painful as the scripture implies. He said, what, it don't even bother you anymore? I thought about it and yeah, you feel it missing, but I lean on Jesus. He helps me walk. If that foot was making me lame, then I'm better without it. And that may seem hard, but you can't straddle the fence. You can't hang on to death with one hand but reach for life with the other hand. Be you hot or cold? Better one or the other rather than lukewarm.
Not to be misunderstood, the gospel is to be preached to the unsaved. You are to pull your brothers and sisters out of the fire; however, you also have to be mindful of those who are in direct opposition to your walk. They don't want to live for Christ, but they don't want YOU to live for Him either. That's what I'm talking about. If that's affecting your ability to serve, you may have to cut off your own hand, so to speak.
Your life, seeing what God does in you without that unhealthy hold, that can be the very thing that changes them. Don't ever let someone tell you your life doesn't matter. Good, bad, or indifferent - somebody's watching! What are you going to show?
No comments:
Post a Comment