I am on the train on my commute home and I randomly thought of my wedding. It was a beautiful day, but I remember thinking late in the planning process that maybe I should have just taken one of my husband's suggestions and gone away for our wedding.
This Christian walk is beautiful, at times painful, even tragic. It is amazing, fun, rewarding, and full of blessings beyond anything you could think of. At times, it can even seem lonely and downright boring. And I would not change a thing.
How does this relate to my wedding? My walk in Christ and my relationship to even some family members that may not necessarily be in agreement with my walk, affected decisions I had to make. This is the kind of thing I think it is impossible to consider when we say yes to Jesus. I never thought some people would not be happy about my decision to give my life to Christ.
Now I realize that when you meet the real Jesus, you must change and frankly, others may prefer the old you. The you that was easily manipulated and controlled, the you that would ride or die on a Friday night, the you who didn't believe you were special, the you who hit the strip club, the you that didn't shine a light on their lives that shows all the shadows. This you, the reconstructed you, is unrecognizable and even jarring.
By doing what I thought would be best for my nerves, my mind, and my spirit - I hurt some feelings. And I had my feelings hurt. And the beautiful thing about this walk, is that one of your primary objectives is to please God. Each time we find ourselves torn, pray for wisdom, but do what pleases God. And you know what? On that day, I would not have changed a thing. There was peace, joy, love, and fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment