Sunday, May 15, 2011

What Makes Your Ministry?

Luke 11:9 -13 says:
9 “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 11 If a son asks for bread[d] from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? 13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”


What Jesus says above makes sense right?  Ask and receive, seek and find.  He then takes this discussion on the Heavenly Father and relates it to one's natural father.  He says if a son asks for bread, will he give him a stone?  If he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?  Unfortunately, for some of us, our natural fathers fell short even on this minimum.  The result is a feeling of rejection of asking, why couldn't my father give me what I needed?  Or some it is, why couldn't my mother give me what I needed?  


We have to all learn to forgive for these things.  I'm working through the process right now in this season in my life.  


I believe that the things I have gone through (and am going through) will all become a part of my ministry.  Jesus was tried at every point so that He could have compassion for us.  He truly was both the Son of Man (human) and the Son of God (divine).  His ministry is universal.


It is my prayer that I will move past lamenting what was and embrace the joy in what is!  I am saved.  I am redeemed!  I am a new creature!  Though things are not easy, God continues to pour out his grace.  I am loved!  Today in church, my pastor quoted Luke 12:32 "Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom."  It really did comfort my heart.  No matter what your mother, father, sister, brother, friend, husband, cousin, wife neglected to do, it is your Heavenly Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom!  We are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus.  I am a treasure to the Father and beloved by Him and so are you.  Make your misery your ministry.  Let Him love you.  Let Him heal you.  Then go help Him heal someone else through you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment