Saved 11/08, lover of Jesus, embracer of quirks, apt to laugh, and thinker of deep thoughts. This is my reconstruction - God holds all the pieces to my puzzle.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Forgiveness
I was SO angry...like swearing in my head angry. Giving people looks that could kill angry. I felt unappreciated, used, and abused. I was furiously washing dishes, dumping food into containers, and basically having a productive temper tantrum - if there's a such thing. I had to get out of there. I felt the walls closing in. I felt an anger that was so deep...an anger I hadn't felt in a long time. And I remember thinking, "I still have to forgive? After ALL the crap I been put through, all the things that have been said, all the things that have been done? All the things that are STILL being said?! And I still have to FORGIVE?!" As one of my friends would say, I murked! I grabbed my keys and went to my car. I sat there fuming, then I started to just drive. Oh and I drove a bit like a crazy woman. I fussed and complained and by the time I got home I asked - do I really have to God? And He responded yes, I have to forgive. Unforgiveness can jeopardize your own salvation. You must forgive to be forgiven. I have to forgive with the love of Jesus. And then I wondered if I had enough love in me because I was so mad. But even in His correction, God assured me I had what I needed to do it - my flesh just needed to be brought into subjection. Gotta love a gut check from God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment