Who am I?
I am simply me
A woman, who deep inside is still a young girl
Who desperately wants to be free
Free from the past that keeps chasing me
Free from the demands of others that try to enslave me
Knowing that to them my good is never good enough
And my righteousness just looks wrong.
Who am I?
Child of God
Future bright, redeemed by the blood of Christ
Grasping for the liberty that is already mine
If I could just embrace it with my mind
Free from the past cut off by His death
Free to grow with every breath
Death... To self
That I may emerge what I was born again into
A new creature
And I just want to make my God famous
And tell everyone who I know
What His Name is
Who am I?
I just want to reflect His image
Show the world God's visage
And His Son who lived, died, and lives again for me
I am free
Just want to let Him use me
Up to capacity
I am
Small
But I sit with the King
Who am I?
The child of a pauper who is really Royalty
Lowered Himself so I,
Could be who I am
Renewed is spirit, renewing in mind
A mouthpiece for the deaf, dumb, and blind
Speaking Life into a world
Full of the dead
I am
Because He is.
This: "The child of a pauper who is really Royalty"! Exactly! Amen!
ReplyDelete:-) Thanks for reading!!
ReplyDelete