Sunday, January 12, 2014

Simple Truths: A Reflection

So, I've been married a grand total of 8 months! YAY for that! While marriage is awesome and a lot of fun, I've also found it's a challenge and most of the time it's not because of my husband, it's because of me. It's challenging because he acts as my mirror a lot of times. I learn just as much about myself in our fun and in our disagreements as I learn about him. And what I learn about myself is not always things I like.

Simple truth #1: As much as I may think I have the market covered, my way is not always THE way.

Simple truth #2: I love my husband with all my heart, but sometimes he frustrates me to no end.

Simple truth #3: My husband loves me with all his heart, but I also frustrate him too.

Simple truth #4: My husband is my best friend,  which is why I take it so hard when #2 occurs or number #3.

Simple truth #5: I try really hard not to put up a wall when numbers 1,2, 3, or 4 occur.

Simple truth #6: God knew exactly what He was doing when He joined my husband and I.

I say all of this to say, that as I mentioned in an earlier post, whatever issues you (or I) had before marriage don't go away once you say "I do". What I'm finding is if anything, marriage will dig those issues out of you and bring them to the surface.  This is why it is so important that a marriage be founded on Christ.

One of the most rewarding aspects of my marriage is seeing how my husband has grown as my partner and as a man in general, as well as feeling and seeing my own growth.  Marriage has made me a better woman and it challenges me every day to be a doer of the word and not just a hearer. This, in my humble opinion, is as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment