Monday, April 29, 2013

Love...and a MARRIAGE!

As you can tell from the title of this entry - there's been a marriage! Mine! I married my best friend, love, and as another good friend put it, my "crush" a little over a week ago today. I won't be long, as my husband is already asleep next to me and I'd like to join in the obtaining of Zzzzs, but I am so excited still! One reason - I had a person close to me in my life that said things to me in my youth like, "you may end up alone" and basically to prepare myself for that possibility. It was spoken almost as a curse because the person's love life had not turned out well and since she kept reasoning that I was like her, my life was supposed to turn out the same. Let me balance the above with this - in Christ, some people are chosen to live a life of singleness and others decide to live a life of singleness, and this is not only okay, but honorable and acceptable before the Lord if you are able to keep yourself. Paul even says in 1 Corinthians, that he were that men would be as he was - single - because when you do get married, you then have to not only be concerned about pleasing the Lord, but also about attending to your mate.

It is also awesome to see God's word come to fruition. It was prophesied to me several years ago that I would marry and have a family. That put my spirit to rest on the topic because I knew it would happen in God's time. In the meantime, I didn't pine or wait, I just tried to live my life before the Lord the best way I knew how. God also spoke to me about my husband - two years before it happened. And well - it is so!

Marriage so far has been awesome, as has been this relationship. He takes me just as I am. Even when I feel bad emotionally, sickly, spiritually drained - this man has and does love me. When I am cranky, he is still loving. When I am silly, he is silly with me. He makes me smile all the time and picks with me relentlessly. He prays with me, prays for me, and seeks God for how to handle situations in general and with me. He provides stability and strength. He is a man I trust with my life - and this is why I married him.

I love waking up to my best friend. I love seeing his face each day. This has truly been a gift from the Father and I look forward to how it will grow and change through the years.

One more point before I log off - marriage has not resolved issues I had not dealt with before I got married. Those are still there. If anything, being in a relationship has illuminated them. I am glad that I have pastors that emphasize relationship with Christ first. There are things in me still that only God will be able to work out. Understanding this is paramount before entering into any relationship. A person will not resolve your issues. Only God can do that. Hopefully that person can be a listening ear, a help, a support - but God does the heavy lifting. At the end of the day, I must submit to my husband in everything as is fitting in the Lord, but we BOTH belong to God, who is the Creator of us all.  


3 comments:

  1. Tiffany Gibbs!!!!!!! You are married Honey!!! :-D God bless the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe....I am glad things turned out awesome. And, I love this line: "but God does the heavy lifting". So true.

    ReplyDelete