Monday, July 30, 2012

For All I've Lost

Sometimes I cry
Shed a tear for a relationship lost
For a family member that can't understand
That I left them for a man
Jesus is His name
For His sake, daily
I am slain
And for all I've lost
It is my soul I've gained

I know what has been said
From the phone calls, tentative hellos
Some say I've lost all my sense
But for all I've lost
It is my sanity, my peace
I have gained

No, I am not the same
When I look in the mirror
I no longer cry
I like the smile
The eyes that reflect that I am
"fearfully and wonderfully made"
I realize this was all preordained
For all that I've lost
It is my salvation
I have gained

You may not understand
Why I don't crank that new Souljah Boy
And why I don't know that new Lil' Wayne
If they not talking about Jesus
And extending His fame
I don't know their names
See, for the latest craze I've missed
I'm all the more glad I'm saved

For all the sacrifices
And nails to my hands
The mud that covers my name
I know I die daily in my Savior's name
And for all those I've lost
I love you
But I'm happy about what I've gained.


5 comments:

  1. Snaps a lighter n I huge HALLELUJAH! thanks for this... It resembles a lot of me in it as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good Tiff!!! I can't wait to hear you actually perform/recite/minister this poem live! :-)

    ReplyDelete