Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Wrestling

It has been a little while since I have written.  Honestly, I've been going through a lot.  I have been wrestling with myself, asking God, "Who am I?  Who am I in You?"  I have been frustrated at times with myself.  I'm like that kid that can't wait to grow up, except I have the levity to know that growing up too fast could mean large gaps in one's development.  In the natural, I think it's safe to say in a lot of things, I'm a fast learner - it comes fairly easily.  I may not even have to put in as much effort as the next person.  However, when it comes to spiritual things, I have to go through every gate.  There is no short cut or quick anything, not unless God wants it to be so.  And therein lies the lesson.  I am being forced to slow down and gain mastery.  There is no cramming in the Kingdom.

I have always wrestled with who I thought I should be, who I wanted to be, and what was actually before me.  But now, I'm not sure if I really looked deep enough to appreciate what is already there.  Sometimes the key is to let go and let God do His work.  I think it's important  that I, we, stop looking with our eyes and look through the mirror of the Word.  We are so much more beautiful than we could ever imagine.

1 comment: