Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Beginning

Blogging isn't new for me.  I used to maintain a livejournal for years and when I had a MySpace, I documented a lot there in regard to my life - my poetry, my college experiences, boyfriends, and heartbreaks.  I deleted it all because I wanted to start with a fresh slate.  I went through a long period of not writing anything because I wasn't sure what I wanted to say anymore.  Looking back, all my poems had a common theme - longing.  Usually it centered around romantic love, longing for something deeper, better, more permanent.  And then something happened - my life changed.  I got tired.  I got tired of being in relationships and training men to be some other woman's husband.  I got tired of dating people who were often not as into me as I was into them.  I got tired of being afraid of my own shadow.  I got tired of the anxiety.  I got tired of finding myself in the same place over and over - broken, feeling betrayed, with the ever present gaping hole in my heart. 

I could say I found God and everything was good, but I'd be lying.  There's a funny thing about saying "Yes".  I agree that I have a peace that I never had in my life prior.  There is a joy in me that I cannot describe.  I smile more, laugh more, love more.  And yes, it was a man that filled that void.  But his name was not David, Alonzo, or Brian.  His name is Jesus.  And He rocks my socks!  However, the flip side is that when you say "yes" to Jesus, you also say "no" to the world.  Many who are still there can't comprehend it.  The very thing that becomes your "corner stone" and "sure foundation" (Isaiah 28:16) becomes a "rock of offence" (I Peter 2:8) for others.

In this blog, I'll share about my life and I'll share my poetry and maybe a word or two.  At this point, I'm in a state of being reconstructed.  I am being rebuilt from the ground up.  I've been saved for nearly 2 years, but still this is only the beginning... 

1 comment:

  1. Of all people, you should definitely have a blog. Love the first post. Keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete